Thank you for your interest in scheduling a group tour at The University of Alabama!
We offer 3 different types of tours for groups of all ages, from 10 to 200 visitors, on a first-come first-served basis: walking, driving, walking/driving. We also like to include a pre/post-tour information session to discuss Admissions and Scholarship information with the students.
Please note: All driving tours will be on buses provided by the group.
- The walking tour focuses on the central part of campus around the Quad, where most of our Academic Buildings are located, and lasts approximately 40 minutes.
- The driving tour first takes students around the perimeter areas of campus, concludes with a driving portion around the quad, and lasts approximately 60 minutes.
- The walking/driving tour (most popular) starts with a drive around the perimeter of campus, including a visit to the Rec Center, and concludes with a walking tour of the quad. This tour lasts approximately 75 minutes.
Group Visit Guidelines
Please contact us at least 2 weeks prior to your visit. We will do our best to accommodate your date request; however, due to campus events and staffing limitations, we may need to consider alternate dates.
Preparation and Arrival
- The campus visit will include a substantial amount of walking. Please encourage each student and/or guest to dress appropriately (comfortable clothing and shoes) and with the weather in mind (the walking tours continue, despite rain or snow, and each guest is expected to bring any weather gear they deem necessary- umbrellas, jackets, etc.).
- Please arrive, no later than 15 minutes prior to your scheduled start time, to allow your visitors to unload the bus and go to the restroom if needed. If you are running more than 30 minutes late, we will be unable to accommodate your group, as our Student Tour Guides are available in relation to class times, and are not available outside of the scheduled window. Please note that if your group arrives later than the scheduled time, your campus tour and/or information session will be shortened or cancelled.
If you’d like to eat lunch while on campus, you may do so by contacting Bama Dining.
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions requires 1 chaperone for every 15 students, and that the chaperones are present with the students throughout the duration of the tour.
If you’d like to schedule a group tour, you may do so by contacting us at 205-348-2636 or email@example.com. Please include the following information in your email:
- Date/time of tour (please provide at least 3)
- Type of tour (walking, driving, or walking/driving)
- Name of group?
- How many and what grade the students are in?
- How many chaperones will be attending?
- Where is the group from?
- How many buses?
- Contact information for the group (phone number and email)