International Student Life
The University of Alabama offers international students a variety of services, extracurricular activities and events to help with the transition to moving to the USA, to university life, and to Alabama.
- Capstone International Services (CIS) assists international students, employees, and their dependents with immigration, pre-arrival, orientation, academic, and cultural adjustment issues.
- A comprehensive orientation program helps students understand the campus and their legal rights and responsibilities, and introduces them to the Tuscaloosa community.
- Throughout the academic year, CIS sponsors a number of seminars to keep the international community informed of immigration issues; co-publishes a newsletter two times each semester; and co-sponsors educational, cultural, and social events in conjunction with international student clubs and community organizations.
- The University of Alabama is home to a variety of international, multicultural, and religious student organizations.
- The Global Café hosts events and programs catered to the UA international community including an International Spouse Group.
- Tuscaloosa’s International Friends (TIF) is a community organization dedicated to providing opportunities for international visitors to learn more about life in the United States and for local residents to learn more about other cultures. TIF sponsors picnics, dinners, parties, and a friendship family program.