The University of Alabama, a student-centered research university, is the flagship institution of higher learning for the state of Alabama. Founded in 1831, UA continues to grow in both enrollment and academic quality, fulfilling our vision to be the university of choice for the most promising students in Alabama and beyond. Our commitment to excellence, displayed through teaching, research and community service, is realized through the impact we have on our community, our region, our nation and internationally.
As part of that vision, we welcome applications from students around the world. Undergraduate International Admissions is here to help you with your application and admission to the University of Alabama.
To apply, applicants must submit ALL documents before their applications are considered complete and ready for review:
- An online application
- $40 non-refundable application fee (please pay by credit card during the application process)
- A copy of your passport photo page and other US immigration status documents you currently hold (such as Permanent Resident Card or a non-student visa). Once you have applied, documents can be submitted directly to: https://bnrsupport.ua.edu/internationaladmissions/public/home
- Complete, translated, evaluated transcripts for ALL schools attended
- The University of Alabama requires that all international curriculum transcripts must be evaluated by an evaluation agency. Please provide a course-by-course evaluation with GPA calculation. For a list of approved agencies, please visit naces.org.
- Proof of English Proficiency to be admitted into academic courses OR you can apply to be admitted conditionally
- Students applying for an F-1 or J-1 visa must also submit an I-20 request form and supplemental documents before an I-20 or DS-2019 will be authorized. Please see Securing an I-20 / DS-2019 for more details.
For more information about International Admission procedures, please visit the following pages:
- International Admission Requirements
- International Application Deadlines
- English Proficiency Requirements
- Conditional Admission
- Explore UA Majors
- Cost of Attendance
- International Student Scholarships
- Securing an I-20 / DS-2019
- What To Do Once You Have Been Admitted
- International Student Life
- Recruitment Travel Schedule
- Capstone International Services
- English Language Institute
- Contact International Admissions