Before applying, please read the instructions below that fit your situation.
- Complete the University of Alabama application for admission. If you are not applying online, submit your print application with a check or money order for $40 made payable to The University of Alabama. The application fee is nonrefundable.
- Students admitted by December 15 will have access to the scholarship application located at mybama.ua.edu.(Step-by-step instructions for completing the scholarship application)
- Have your ACT or SAT score(s) sent to us. Our ACT code is 0052 and our SAT code is 1830. Information on these tests is available from your high-school counselor or from the test services: ACT, Box 451, Iowa City, IA 52243; SAT, College Board ATP, Box 592, Princeton, NJ 08541.
- Have your most recent official high-school transcript sent to The University of Alabama, Office of Undergraduate Admissions, Box 870132, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0132.
- Complete all of the preceding steps by February 1 for priority admissions consideration for fall semester.
- Complete the University of Alabama application for admission.
- Complete the University of Alabama application for scholarships at mybama.ua.edu by March 1 if you would like to be considered for scholarships. (Step-by-step instructions for completing the scholarship application)
- If you will have earned fewer than 24 semester hours (36 quarter hours) at the time of your application to the University, have your high-school transcript and ACT or SAT score(s) sent to The University of Alabama, Office of Undergraduate Admissions, Box 870132, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0132. Our ACT code is 0052 and our SAT code is 1830.
- During your final term of work at your present college, have each collegiate institution you have attended forward one official transcript to The University of Alabama, Office of Academic Records and University Registrar, Box 870134, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0134. When you have been admitted, those transcripts will be evaluated by your academic division to determine how many credits can be applied to UA degree requirements. You will receive a copy of this evaluation.
- Complete all of the preceding steps by March 1 for priority admissions consideration for the summer/fall semester or December 1 for priority admissions consideration for the spring semester.
The Capstone Creed requires that members of the University community “pursue knowledge, act with fairness, integrity and respect; promote equity and inclusion; foster individual and civic responsibility; and strive for excellence.” In order to foster an environment conducive to those goals, the University requires you to answer questions related to disciplinary and criminal history. Such history will not automatically bar your admission. Each application will be reviewed on its individual merits.
Click the links below to read instructions before applying.
Check Application Status
You can check your application status online after submitting your application.
Applying for Readmission
If you previously attended The University of Alabama, you may apply for readmission online. After creating your login and PIN, select Undergraduate Admissions and complete the undergraduate application. Be sure to select the option that indicates you have previously attended.
The University of Alabama Campus Security and Fire Safety Report and The University of Alabama Gadsden Center Annual Campus Security Report are now available. These reports are required by federal law and contain policy statements and crime statistics, and for UA, applicable fire safety policies and procedures. These reports also address policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security (e.g. policies for responding to emergency situations and sexual offenses).
Three years’ worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on campus, in or off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the school, and on public property within or immediately adjacent to the campus. The UA and Gadsden Center reports are available online to view or print at safety.ua.edu. You may also request a paper copy of either report from the Office of Community Services at 205-348-8361, police.ua.edu or at Box 870180, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0180.
The University of Alabama reserves the right to refuse admission or re-enrollment or to place conditions on admission or re-enrollment of applicants and former students who it determines represent a safety risk to University students, employees, and University property. Applicants have the right to appeal any such decision to the Undergraduate Admissions Advisory Committee within 7 business days of the date the notice of the decision was received. However, any appeal received within 7 business days of the date notice was received but less than 30 days before the deadline for dropping/adding courses for the current academic term, as set on the University’s academic calendar, will be considered for enrollment in the following academic term.
Withholding information or giving false information may make you ineligible for admission to, or continuation at, the University. Therefore, by submitting this information, you certify that it is true, correct, and complete. Also, by submitting this application, you give permission for the University to obtain additional information from others pertinent to your record prior to attending the University.